Chocolate Expert – level 3
Taste buds are as important to Cadbury, a world-famous chocolate brand, as legs are to a top footballer. The company has had one of their scientist’s taste buds insured for 1 million pounds.
The scientist works as part of a 300-strong team of inventors in the innovation kitchen in Birmingham. The company says that her expert taste buds are essential for making sure that all of Cadbury’s new creations meet its highest standards.
To avoid rendering the insurance void, she needs to not take up sword swallowing, eat fugu fish, or the hottest of chilli peppers. None of these sound more appealing than getting paid to taste chocolate!
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you like chocolate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.