Chocolate Fashion Show – level 1
In Paris, a company creates chocolate clothing. Models wear this clothing at a fashion show. The show is part of a chocolate fair. The fair takes place every year.
People say that this is the biggest chocolate faierr in the world. People come from all over the world to see it. Chocolatiers come to this fair. Confectioners also come. Pastry chefs come, too.
In the movie ‘Forrest Gump,’ Forrest Gump says that, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates’. Now we know that fashion shows are like boxes of chocolates, too!
Difficult words: pastry (bakery like croissants, pies, cakes, etc.), chocolatier (a person who works with chocolate), confectioner (a person who works with candy).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos