Chocolate Highway – level 2
A truck carrying liquid chocolate overturned on a highway in Poland, and six lanes were covered by 12 tons of chocolate. Only the truck driver was injured in the accident and went to the hospital with a broken arm.
A policeman talked about removing the chocolate. He said that people used warm pressured water to clean the highway.
Difficult words: liquid (like water), remove (put away), pressured (under pressure – a force which makes it move very quickly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What methods were used to prevent the chocolate from solidifying on the highway?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos