Cholera in Yemen – level 2
In Yemen, there was an outbreak of cholera. People reported over 9,000 cases of the disease. The African country does not have enough room in hospitals.
Before the cholera, there was war in Yemen, and now it does not have enough resources to fight the disease. The UN is asking for 1 billion dollars that countries promised in Geneva.
Difficult words: outbreak (when there’s suddenly a disease), cholera (a deadly disease), resources (money, medicine, doctors, etc.).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos