Christmas train – level 1
People in Bogota, the capital of Colombia, can enjoy a special Christmas train. It is very popular. It brings the Christmas feeling to the city.
The train is 400 meters long. It has many lights on it. It has 14 cabins. 600 people can travel by this train at one time.
Santa Claus and other Christmas people greet passengers at the train station. People take pictures with them. Then, the train starts to move through the city. Santa Claus walks through the train. His helpers and he give gifts to children.
The train runs all of December. People come to see it every evening. They watch the lights. They are happy. Tourists love the train, too.
Difficult words: cabin (a smaller part of a train or ship where people stay), greet (to say hello), passenger (a person who travels by car, bus, train, and so on, and he is not the driver or pilot).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos