Cliff divers at Victoria Falls – level 3
Jonathan Paredes and Orlando Duque usually dive from between 26.5 and 28 metres in the Cliff Diving World Series, but they stepped out of their comfort zone by leaping 30 metres into the Zambezi River near Victoria Falls.
The river forms the boundary between Zambia and Zimbabwe and the falls are the world’s largest in combined depth and width. People also call them Mosi-oa-Tunya or the Smoke that Thunders.
Mexico’s Paredes won a World Series event in 2015 for the first time and he was second at the High Diving World Cup. Columbia’s Duque has thirteen world titles and holds two world records.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you jump off cliffs for fun?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.