Cloned Monkeys – level 2
Scientists in China successfully cloned two healthy monkeys using the same method which produced Dolly the sheep.
Dolly was famous because she was the first cloned mammal. The monkeys are the first cloned primates, and this is an important moment because primates are more similar to humans.
Scientists say that they want to clone monkeys for medical research to study Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.