Coca Cola Science – level 1
Scientists study Coca Cola. They say that the company does its own studies. They say that it reviews those studies. It can hide the studies that it does not like. It can cancel research that it does not like.
This can be a problem. It can mean that people only see the studies that Coca Cola likes. However, Coca Cola says it does not do this. It says that it does not have the right to do this.
However, scientists are still worried. They ask Coca Cola and other companies to show their lists of cancelled studies.
Difficult words: review (read to see if something is OK), research (a study, finding out information about something very carefully), right (the power to do something), cancelled (not shown).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos