Cocaine Gang – level 3
Last week, a red Ferrari with 600 kilograms of cocaine and an arsenal of weapons, including revolvers and a Japanese sword, were seized when 12 members of the largest drug gang in Madrid were arrested.
According to Spain´s a national police, the members of the gang were very violent. Around 800,000 dollars in cash were seized along with 20 expensive cars, and several automatic weapons were also found during a series of raids.
Police said that the gang was the largest cocaine distribution organization in the Spanish capital. A lawyer carried out legal duties for the organization, including money laundering, while gang members used code names to communicate with each other. The leader of the gang was from Morocco and he worked with other gangs in Morocco, Spain, Northern Europe and Colombia. Spanish police worked with counterparts in Colombia to carry out the operation.
Difficult words: raid (when police suddenly enter a place in a forceful way to find criminals, illegal drugs or other things), money laundering (moving money that has been earned illegally through banks and other businesses to make it seem that it was earned legally), counterpart (a person or thing that has the same function as another person or thing in a different place or situation).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.