Cocaine in banana boxes – level 2
Employees at a supermarket in Berlin found drugs in crates of bananas. They contacted the police which seized the crates.
Around 380 kilograms of cocaine were hidden among the fruit. The drug was of very high quality and it was worth around 15 million euros.
The find is similar to one in January 2014 when boxes with bananas had 140 kilograms of cocaine in them.
Difficult words: crate (box), seize (to take), find noun (something that you find).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do people try to hide drugs in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.