Cocaine in Panama City – level 3
The Panamanian anti-narcotics police found 97 rectangular packs while digging in sand in Panama City, and they found that the packs contained almost 2,500 packets of cocaine.
People believe that the drugs are of South American origin and likely were destined for the US, as Central America is the main transit point for drugs.
Difficult words: narcotics (drugs), destined for (travelling to).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos