Collecting Bee Venom – level 1
Bees make a venom. It is important to people. They collect it to make medicines. They use it to study the human brain, too.
Sometimes people hurt the bees when they get the venom. Bees already have problems. They are losing the places where they live. They are getting sick. People use chemicals which kill them.
An Australian scientist wants to protect bees. He finds a new way to collect bee venom. He gives the bees a piece of glass. The bees sting the glass. Glass is flat. The bees cannot get stuck anywhere. They cannot get hurt.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.