Conjoined twins in China – level 1
This news is from China. Twins are born there. These twins are connected. Connected twins are called conjoined twins.
The twins are two girls. They are one year old. They are 10 kilograms heavy. The twins have an operation. The doctors separate them. The operation takes five hours.
Seventy per cent of conjoined twins are girls.
Difficult words: twins (children who are born at the same time and who look the same), separate (to make into two).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about separating conjoined twins?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.