Conversion Therapy in USA – level 1
Most people are heterosexual. This means that women like men or men like women. Some people are homosexual. A homosexual man likes men. A homosexual woman likes women.
Some people do conversion therapy. Conversion therapy tries to change homosexual people into heterosexual people.
Conversion therapy is legal in most American states. Colorado bans the therapy. People cannot do conversion therapy on minors in Colorado. Colorado becomes the 18th state to ban conversion therapy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.