Copenhagen Light Festival – level 1
Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark. The Copenhagen Light Festival starts on February 3, 2023. It will last three weeks. It is the fifth festival.
The festival has 35 beautiful light installations all over the city. Light shines on bridges, old buildings, open places, and canals.
You can take a guided tour by a special vehicle called Segway. You can go on a boat or a kayak. It is also possible to take a walk with or without a guide.
Difficult words: installation (a piece of art or work which people come to see), guided tour (a visit with a person who teaches you about the place), Segway (an electric vehicle with two wheels and a part to stand on).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the Copenhagen Light Festival?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.