Costa Concordia after 2.5 years – level 2
Police released underwater video which shows the inside of the wreck of the Costa Concordia.
The Costa Concordia was a large ship which ran aground and overturned 2.5 years ago. Thirty-two people died.
People will move the ship away from the Italian island. The ship will be broken up for scrap metal. The captain is on trial for manslaughter, causing a shipwreck and leaving a ship.
Difficult words: run aground (get stuck in the ground), scrap metal (metal which is recycled), manslaughter (killing somebody by not doing what you were supposed to do).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you been on a cruise liner?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.