Couple falls from a cliff – level 2
A Polish couple fell from a cliff in Portugal when they were taking “selfie” pictures. Police investigate the incident.
People found their bodies. They moved them out of the water, but bad weather complicated the operation.
The couple had children. They were next to their parents when they fell. The children are with Polish diplomats, and they are seeing psychologists.
Difficult words: incident (situation when something bad happens), diplomat (person who represents a country in another country), psychologist (doctor who helps you with problems with your mind).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How could this happen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.