Cow Up In the Air – level 3
Each year, Alpine farmers drive their cow from higher ground to the lower Alps in an event called the ´Bodenfahrt´.
On Tuesday, around 1,000 cows were ushered down the hills at the Klausen Pass in Switzerland; however, one cow had suffered an injury and was transported downhill by a helicopter instead.
Ambros Arnold, one of the farmers who was transporting the herd, said that the cow had been limping for about one month, and he chose to airlift the animal because he did not want to risk its health. This method was an efficient short cut; however, Arnold added that the experience may have been traumatic for the animal because it was lifted into the air suddenly. The method of transporting injured cows by helicopter is common, and it prevents the cattle from being injured any further.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.