Crane Moves in the Wind – level 2
Hurricane Zeta hit the east coast of the US, and it caused many problems in several US states. Strong winds that remained after the hurricane caused a crane to spin in New York City.
On Tuesday, the crane started to spin out of control which scared many local people. Debris fell off an 84-story tower that the crane was working on. Authorities closed several streets around the tower because there was high risk that somebody would get hurt. When fire officers arrived, they could not see the top of the tower because of wind and fog.
Cranes can resist winds of up to 160 kmph and they spin in the wind. Officials want to find out why the debris fell down.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.