Crazy barbershop in Tokyo – level 2
A barbershop in Tokyo is offering free haircuts. The only problem is that you must let the barber do whatever he wants. And some cuts and colours can look crazy!
So if you’re looking for a drastic makeover, go to Japan! It is the end of the year, and many Japanese want to cheer up their parties or simply be different.
It can be fun to be different from the others, but it is not so great if you get fired – many companies in Japan have rules which regulate some hairstyles.
Difficult words: drastic (extreme), makeover (a big change of your looks), cheer up (make happier).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.