Criminals want a kidney – level 1
An immigrant is in Spain. He is poor. He goes to five criminals. They are from Serbia. They will give him money. He has to give them his kidney. He says that he will do it.
But he changes his mind. He is afraid. He thinks that they will not give him the money. The criminals kidnap him. They hit him. They want him to give the kidney.
Police arrest the criminals. The criminals are in a gang. They want to help their boss. Their boss has a son. The son needs a kidney.
Difficult words: immigrant (a person who lives in a new country), kidney (an organ; you have two kidneys in your body; you can live with only one kidney), kidnap (to take somebody somewhere when he doesn’t want to go).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the man was right to go to the criminals for money?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos