Crop circle in Germany – level 2
People discovered a crop circle in Germany. Word of the circles spread quickly on the Internet. Thousands of people came to the field to see it for themselves.
The circle is formed of three rings and has a diameter of 75 metres. One woman thinks that an UFO didn’t create the circle. She only thinks that there are things on Earth which people don’t know about.
The farmer was glad that some people took off their shoes before entering the field. He also put down a box. If somebody damages his crops, they can give him money.
Difficult words: crop (plant which is grown for food), diameter (line from side to side of a circle).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think created the ring?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.