Cruise Ship in Trouble – level 2
A cruise ship with 1,300 passengers broke down off the coast of Norway. Strong winds and 8-metre waves turned the boat from side to side.
The situation was dangerous to the passengers and helicopters started evacuating them. From the first 371 evacuated passengers, 17 went to hospital.
It was still not safe on the ship, but three of the ship’s four engines started working again. The ship is moving slowly to a nearby port.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.