Cryotherapy – level 2
This news is about whole body cryotherapy. It is a form of therapy which helps your body to heal. The only problem is that you must spend three minutes in a super cold chamber. The temperature in the chamber is -130 degrees Celsius.
Cryotherapy works by making the brain believe that the body is freezing. The body then sends oxygen-rich blood to the centre of the body.
This makes you feel great. You feel relaxed and full of energy. Cryotherapy is a big hit in New York. Customers pay about 90 dollars for three minutes.
Difficult words: cryo- (involving extreme cold), heal (to become healthy again), chamber (a small room).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try cryotherapy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos