Dalai Lama Speaks with Greta – level 2
The Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of Tibet, and he is interested in global problems. Last week, he spoke to Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg is a Swedish girl who became a leader of young people who wanted to stop climate change.
The Dalai Lama, Thunberg, and two scientists spoke about the climate crisis. The Dalai Lama said that Thunberg was a very brave young woman and that she gave him hope for a better future.
The Dalai Lama said that all people in the world had to think and work together. Thunberg said that people needed to learn more about climate problems and do something to stop them.
Difficult words: climate change (the change of usual weather of the planet), climate crisis (the changes of the usual weather of the planet which are dangerous for people, and it is not possible to stop them), hope (the feeling that something good will happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos