Dam in Laos – level 2
A South Korean company is building a dam in Laos. On Friday 20th, part of the dam sunk by 11 centimetres, and last week, the dam collapsed.
More than 5 billion cubic metres of water ran onto nearby villages, killing at least 19 people. 6,000 people lost their homes, and more than 3,000 people still need help. The company which is building the dam is helping to save the people.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.