Dangerous Crossing – level 1
The British Transport Police share a video. The video shows a man at a railway crossing. The barriers at the crossing are down. The lights are flashing.
A car is waiting before the barriers. A man comes to the barriers. The man gets through the barriers. He walks onto the railway tracks. He looks to the left quickly.
Suddenly, a train comes. The train is very fast. It nearly hits the man. The man slowly walks away.
The police say that it is very dangerous what the man does. People must not try to get through the barriers. Trains travel very fast. People can think that a train is far. However, it can be close in a few seconds.
Difficult words: railway crossing (a place where trains and a road cross), barrier (a gate that moves down before a train comes, and people and cars cannot get through), railway tracks (the special road on which a train moves).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.