Dangerous driver in Britain – level 1
Police release a video. The video is from Britain. A person films it on a lorry. The lorry is on a motorway. Its speed is 60 miles per hour (96 kilometres per hour).
The video shows a blue car. It gets in front of the lorry. The car then brakes. It gets very close to the lorry. This is very dangerous. It happens very quickly. The car drives away.
Police catch the driver of this car. He must pay 145 pounds. He also must do 100 hours of unpaid work. He must not drive for 9 years.
Difficult words: release (to show to people), brake (to go slower), unpaid (if you work, you will get no money).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you agree with the man's punishment?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.