Dangerous driver – level 2
A video from England emerged. It shows how a car undertook a lorry, and then swerved into the fast lane and slowed down quickly in front of another car. This could be Britain’s worst driver!
The driver did not know that someone filmed him. He won’t be able to drive for 12 months. He must pay £85 and work 150 hours without getting paid.
A policeman described the incident as very dangerous. He also said that it was amazing that the man injured no one.
Difficult words: emerge (appear), undertake (to catch up with a vehicle and pass it), swerve (to make a quick sideways movement).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Where are you from? Do people drive safely there?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.