Dangerous eye drops – level 1
Several companies in India make eye drops. People in the US use these eye drops. But the drops are dangerous.
The drops contain dangerous bacteria. These bacteria are never in the US before. Usually, drugs do not kill this bacteria. A report says that 68 people have problems after they use the eye drops. One person dies. One woman loses her eye. She sues the company which makes the drops.
Health officials recall the drops. It means people must bring them back to the shop. Health officials ask people with problems to go to the doctor. The usual symptoms are yellow or green liquid in the eye, pain, and red eyes. People are also sensitive to light.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What symptoms have other people experienced after using the recalled eye drops?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.