David Bowie died – level 1
David Bowie is a singer. He is very famous. He is famous for his songs. He is famous for his style, too.
He plays glam rock, art rock, hard rock, soul, dance, pop, punk and electronica. He releases an album. It is his 25th album. He calls it “Blackstar”.
Recently, David Bowie dies. He had cancer. He is 69 when he dies.
Difficult words: release (to put something in shops and let people buy it), had (past of “have”), cancer (a very bad illness).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you like David Bowie?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.