David Bowie died – level 2
David Bowie was a singer, songwriter and a producer. He was famous for his music as well as his eccentric style.
His career spanned glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance, pop, punk and electronica. He released his 25th album, Blackstar, on January 8th, which was his birthday.
On Monday, David Bowie died of cancer at the age of 69.
Difficult words: eccentric (weird and interesting), span (to include), release (to make available to buy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you like David Bowie?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.