Davos 2024 – level 1
The final Davos meeting in 2024 talks about the economic situation in the world. And the situation is not very sure.
Some things in the economy look good. But there are also big problems. Some countries are not friendly to each other. Christine Lagarde leads the European Central Bank. She says that while inflation is going down and global trade is going up. But it does not mean that everything is normal. Business leaders are happy about selling more things. But some people worry because, in the past, Davos is not always right. They are also not sure why the market is not reacting to problems between countries. So, there may be more problems in the future which nobody expects now.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What concerns might business leaders have after the 2024 Davos meeting?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.