Dead Singer Sings Again – level 3
One of South Korea’s most outstanding rock legends, Kim Kwang-seok, passed away in 1996. However, nearly 25 years later, loyal fans and a new generation are able to hear his voice singing a song that was written six years after his death.
The AI company Supertone has resurrected Kim’s voice for a new South Korean TV show and the AI successfully expressed human emotions in its songs. According to one of the producers, it was an important goal. At first, a computer program learned 20 of the late singer’s songs, and then technicians trained the AI to sing over 700 Korean songs with the same voice.
While some fans cherished the opportunity to hear the singer’s voice once again, the producers admitted that there were some ethical concerns surrounding the technology. Also, they were afraid that they wouldn’t get the permission of Kim’s family; however, Kim’s family was very happy with the outcome.
Difficult words: AI (artificial intelligence), resurrect (to bring to life again), cherish (to hold or treat something as dear and loved), ethical (following honest and good moral standards).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos