Dead singers sing again – level 3
Deceased artists are performing as holograms, and they are even releasing music through digital updates; however, this technology raises many concerns.
The concerns started with the holographic resurrection of Tupac Shakur at the 2012 Coachella Music Festival which critics called creepy. The use of the technology continued with tours for jazz rock musician Frank Zappa, opera singer Maria Callas, and R&B singer Amy Winehouse. The family of pop singer Selena Quintanilla announced a new posthumous album, and it’ll digitally age the artist’s voice to make it sound as if she were still alive.
Over the past years, many have questioned whether these posthumous performances are celebrating a legacy or exploiting the dead. A documentary about food icon Anthony Bourdain used AI to recreate his voice and say things that he never said. This incident raised concerns about what happens to our digital likeness without our permission.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.