Dead Turtles in the Pacific – level 2
People found four hundred dead sea turtles in the Pacific recently. There were also seriously ill turtles which people took to local veterinarians. They found the turtles around 13 kilometres off El Salvador in Central America.
A local mayor said that it was possible that blast fishing or high contamination killed the turtles. There was a similar incident in 2013.
Difficult words: off (away from), blast fishing (killing fish with bomb), contamination (being contaminated – dangerously dirty, poisonous, toxic).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos