Dead woman in a suitcase – level 2
People found the body of an American tourist in a suitcase in Indonesia. The suitcase was in the boot of a taxi.
The 62-year-old woman died because she was hit in the face and head with a blunt object. Police arrested the victim’s daughter and her boyfriend. Police say that they left the suitcase in the taxi.
Difficult words: boot (back of the car for storing things), blunt (not sharp), victim (person who was attacked).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.