Death in Theme Park – level 2
Four people died in an accident at Australia’s biggest theme park. The people were on a ride which malfunctioned.
The ride threw two people, and the other two were caught inside the ride. The theme park closed while the incident is being investigated.
The boss of Dreamworld, which is the name of the theme park, said that he was shocked and very sad.
Difficult words: theme park (a large park like Disneyland), malfunction (do something which is not normal), investigate (try to understand what happened).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos