Dementia in 2050 – level 2
Researchers published a study last week which said that the number of people with dementia would triple by 2050.
The study looked at 195 of the world’s countries and territories and it studied current developments in health laws and medications. Researchers said that by 2050, there would be 153 million people with dementia and that the number of cases would go up in all countries.
Dementia is a cognitive disease, which means that it changes thinking, learning, understanding, and remembering. There are physical risks to get dementia.
Researchers expect that there will be many cases in countries where there is a large population and the population is aging.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.