Dhaka’s first metro line – level 1
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh. It is one of the most populous cities in the world. 20 million people live there.
The city has a big problem. Too many cars are in the streets. Traffic jams happen all the time. People are upset. They drive for several hours to work.
Now, this situation will change. The city has its first metro line. It can carry 60,000 people in one hour. People take six years to build the line.
Japan gives money for the construction. The plan is to build five more lines. More than 100 stations will work for the line.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.