Diana’s Death Anniversary – level 3
Last Wednesday, it was Princess Diana’s 19-year death anniversary. This article is a look back at the key moments in her life.
In 1981, she was engaged to Prince Charles, and they got married at St Paul’s Cathedral. In 1982, their much-anticipated first-born child, Prince William, came to this world and two years later, came Prince Harry.
The fairy tale was not to last though. In 1992, Charles and Diana announced that they were separating, and in 1993, Diana resigned from her public duties.
However, she was a great humanitarian and she spent more time on charity projects. She visited the Red Cross in Zimbabwe, and in 1997, she showed the world the problem of landmines in Africa when she visited Angola.
On August 31st of that same year, the People’s Princess, Diana, and her boyfriend died in a car crash in Paris. People brought her body back to the UK and they held a funeral for her on September 6th in Westminster Abbey. They laid her to rest at her family’s estates in Althorp in East Midlands.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.