Diego Maradona Dies – level 1
Diego Maradona is a football legend. He comes from Argentina. All the world knows him. Maradona dies at the age of 60. He dies from a heart attack.
Millions of football fans love Maradona. He is an excellent footballer. He helps Argentina win the World Cup in 1986. Maradona scores an amazing goal in a match against England. All football fans remember the goal even today.
Maradona becomes a football star after 1986. But his private life is not so great. Maradona has big problems with drugs and alcohol. Sometimes he is not able to play. He ends his football career in 1997.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.