Dinosaur’s Tail in Amber – level 1
People find a piece of amber. They find it in northern Myanmar. The amber is 100 million years old.
This find is very important. A piece of a dinosaur’s tail is in the amber. This is the first time that people find dinosaur material like this.
The tail has feathers. The dinosaur looked like a chicken. There are also two ants, pieces of a plant and small bubbles in the amber.
Difficult words: amber (a very old, yellow and hard thing that comes from trees), find noun (something that you find), feather (a very light thing which birds have for flying).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.