Dirty UK waters – level 3
Thousands of Britons took to the sea and rivers to demand an end to sewage pollution by irresponsible water companies and big businesses that are damaging the ocean and jeopardizing ecosystems.
The organized demonstration took place at 12 bathing spots around the UK.
The organization Surfers Against Sewage has been leading the fight for better water quality for over 30 years, raising awareness, calling out polluters, and advocating for changes in legislation. However, the situation remains critical, with sewage pollution still prevalent. The demand is to end sewage discharge into bathing waters and significantly reduce overall sewage discharges.
Pollution affects rivers, seas, and the health of water users, leading to illnesses and environmental degradation. The inadequate sewerage system and lack of investment from water companies contribute to the crisis, along with weak enforcement of regulations.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What strategies do Surfers Against Sewage suggest to reduce sewage pollution?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.