Divers try to set a world record – level 2
Two hundred divers attempted to set a new Guinness World Record for the largest audience live-streamed underwater.
There was also a photography competition. There was a category for the best five photos, fashion photos, fish of the year, and amateur photos.
The 20-metre dive took place along a shipwreck in the Red Sea. The crew was made up of 26 diving instructors, 32 production members, and 12 professional photographers.
Difficult words: attempt (try), audience (people who watch something), crew (group of people who work closely together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.