Doctors operate without electricity – level 1
Doctors work at a hospital in Kyiv, Ukraine. They are doing a heart operation. Suddenly, the lights start to go on and off. Russia attacks the city. The attack stops the electricity.
Hospital workers quickly start a generator. Doctors cannot wait. They operate without lights. They use their phones. They use lights on their heads called headlamps.
The patient is a 14-year-old boy. The operation is successful. The boy is alive. He is doing well.
Russia attacks Kyiv’s infrastructure. Parts of the city are without electricity and water. Russia wants Ukraine to stop its fight and talk.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.