Doctors separate babies – level 1
Twin girls are born in Israel in August 2020. Their heads are connected. The girls cannot see each other. A team of doctors plan a special surgery. They will separate the girls. It is the first such surgery in Israel. They plan it for one year.
They use 3D and virtual reality models. They put special bags in the girls’ heads. The bags make their skin grow.
The surgery takes 12 hours. Doctors build the bones for the girls’ heads. They use the new skin. The surgery is successful. The girls look at each other for the first time. They will live normal lives.
Difficult words: connected (put together), separate (to cut something into two or more parts), 3D and virtual reality models (models that show what something can look like in the real world but they are not real yet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.