Dog Gets Stuck on Cliff – level 3
An adventurous dog named Mary became stuck on a cliff and triggered a rescue operation. She stranded herself on a 50-foot cliff in snowy Utah, USA.
A rescuer from the county sheriff’s office tried to lure her to him with food, but she became nervous and retreated every time she got close to getting off the cliff. After extensive effort, the county suspended the rescue overnight, and the rescuer left Mary with food and hand-warmers to deal with the severity of the cold.
Mary somehow managed to get down the mountain on her own. Despite cuts on her paws, she came back to her owners in good health and with an exciting adventure under her belt.
Difficult words: trigger (start), county sheriff (the part of an area in charge of helping people and protecting them), lure (attract a person or an animal towards something), retreat (move backwards), extensive (considerable), suspend (stop something temporarily), hand-warmers (devices that you use to keep your hands warm), severity (how extreme something is).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.