Dog surfing competition – level 1
There is a competition in California. This competition is for dogs. They surf. Dogs of different kinds and sizes take part.
A dog from Hollywood is first. He is the best dog surfer. Last year, he won, too. He really loves to surf.
You must know what your dog likes. Some dogs like surfing, some don’t. You cannot make a dog surf. It must like it. Hundreds of people watch the competition. Some people dress their dogs.
Difficult words: competition (situation when you try to be better than others), kind (type), take part (to do an activity), dress (put clothes on).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Do you have a pet? Does it like anything unusual?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.