Dog Takes Care of Tiger Cubs – level 3
An Australian Shepherd dog named Blakely is a part-time nanny to three Malaysian tiger cubs at the Cincinnati Zoo in the USA. They can be seen climbing and pawing all over him. The cubs were born on February 3rd, and staff took over care when their mother ignored them.
Blakeley is a resident companion to animals that need cuddling and comfort. The six-year-old dog gives the cubs a warm, furry body to climb on. He also keeps the cubs in check if they get too rough with their play.
Blakely has been brought in before for surrogate duties – he has helped take care of baby cheetahs, wallabies, skunks and others. He is a 21st century male!
Difficult words: resident companion (someone who stays with others and helps them), surrogate (take over the role of), wallaby (an animal which is similar to a kangaroo).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.